PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR ALL OF OUR CAMPS, THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT:
Billing and Deposits
- Summer camp deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable (see our cancellation policy)
- The balance of summer camp is due in March. An email receipt for the balance will automatically sent to you when it is charged. Any adjustments to enrollment must be made prior to this date. Once it's charged the balance of camp also becomes non-refundable. Prior to March, cancelling camp only results in a lost deposit.
- For each center, when we receive a space for your child, we are blocking another student from joining us for camp. We try to be as flexible as possible, which is why we reserve spaces in early January with deposits and then full balances in March. We understand schedules change and try to be fair to all families who are registered and who are on our wait list. In March, the full balance of camp is non-refundable.
- We make every effort to maintain peanut and tree-nut free facilities at Kids Science Labs and ask that parents pack lunches that are peanut and tree-nut free, as well as being free of chocolates and candy. We also ask parents help in keeping a safe environment for our children by not bringing snacks with nuts or nut oils into Kids Science Labs.
- We kindly ask that for any child that has a fever, parents consider keeping the child home for that day of camp. If during camp, a child has a fever of 100 degrees or more, is noticeably not feeling well, or has vomited during camp we will contact the parents/caregiver right away to pick them up. We request any student with the symptoms above stay home for 24 hours to avoid transmitting anything contagious to other students
- Weather permitting, our kids do get to experience outdoor physical activity at KSL in summer camp.
Timing, Early Care, Extended Day, Pick Up
- Camp begins at 9am and parents may drop-off as early as 8:45am.
- Early drop off may be available starting at 8:15am for an extra charge ($50/wk) for the full week. Individual days are not sold. Early drop off is offered if minimum enrollment is met for the week. Once camp begins, if early drop off is available, sign up is $75/wk
- Pickup for half-day camp is 12pm, full-day pickup is 3pm.
- Extended day is offered for the full week from 3-5pm and if desired, please register in advance for the entire week by selecting that option during sign-up. Cost is $100 if you register in advance. Once camp begins, sign up for extended day is $150/wk. Individual days are not sold. Extended day is offered if minimum enrollment is met for the week.
- We understand that sometimes parents schedules change and/or there are traffic issues in Chicago. Please let us know as early as possible if you are running late for pick up. The first tardiness is free, beyond that there is a $25 fee. Tardiness is considered beyond 10 minutes late for scheduled pickup. Late pickup charges are automatically charged to your credit card.
- Please note staff leave the centers by 5:30pm so it is important to hear from you if you are running late.
- For details of our policies, including cancellation policies, please see the following link: http://www.kslchicago.com/cancellation-policy/
Logistics & Distribution
- When camp registration is full, parents will be able to register for a waiting list. If/when registration spots become available, we will enroll students from the waiting list based on the registration priority.
- If you are registering more than 1 child for camp or more than 4 weeks of camp, and encounter any difficulty please feel free to call us at 312-846-1426, (Lincoln Park) 312-225-4747 (South Loop), 224-213-7511 (Northbrook), 630-517-8045 (Wheaton), 206-402-5310 (Seattle)
- For each week of summer camp, we review the students registered and customize the room distribution based on grade level. This allows us to give all of our students the best learning environment. Generally speaking, we have a JK/SK room, a 1st/2nd grade room, and a 3rd grade and up room. This is dependent on the distribution of children enrolled each week.
- Siblings receive a discount (10% off each week), irrespective of number of weeks enrolled when they are both registered for the same week of camp. Discounts cannot be combined.
- Students registering for 4 or more weeks receive (10% off each week). Discounts cannot be combined.
- To receive the discount enter: "Innovation18" at checkout. The discount code must be entered for each eligible week of camp to adjust the bill. Discounts will be applied when the full balance is charged.
- After March, we are unable to adjust billing if the discount code is not entered as camp balances will be already fully charged.